DJ Lalama is a professional football player for the Montreal Alouettes of the CFL. This is his first year as an Alouette after having spent the 2016 season between the Edmonton Eskimos (Drafted DJ in 2016 in the CFL Draft) and the University of Manitoba. DJ parlayed his strong college career into a mini camp invite from the New York Giants of the NFL. As a member of the Alouettes, DJ recorded 10 special teams tackles in only 12 games. As a Manitoba Bison, DJ set a school record for most tackles in a single season with 72.5 his senior year and would go on to be named the Top Defensive Player in USports.
During the offseason you can find DJ giving back to the Winnipeg Community through multiple charity works and youth football camps. He also serves as a personal trainer, health and fitness consultant and a digital marketing and media coordinator - all while working toward completing his MBA. Through his line of work as both a professional athlete and a personal trainer, DJ understands the importance of recovery and names it as the essential ingredient towards improving performance. Say hello to Chocolate Milk!!
DJ started playing football at a very young age, playing for the Fort Gary Lions for 7 years and the St. Paul’s Crusaders AAA high school team for 3 years.
- 2016 USports Presidents Trophy Winner (top defensive player)
- 2016 Canada West Top Defensive Player
- 2016 USports All Canadian
- 2016 Canada West All Star
- 2016 Academic All Canadian
- 2016 CFL Draft Pick
- 2015 East West Bowl
- 2010 Provincial Football Team Captain
- 2010 Football All Canadian
- 2010 Doug Brown football and overall achievement scholarship recipient
- 2010 WHSFL and WHSHL All Star and MVP
- 2010 Elite Training Center Most Valuable Player
- Academic All Canadian Football Athlete
DJ graduated from the University of Manitoba with honours in Kinesiology and Recreation Management and minors in both Psychology and Business. His next step academically is working toward his MBA while playing in the CFL as football doesn't last forever!